Wednesday 7 October 2015

INTRODUCTION GRAMMAR a

1 My sister doesn’t have a car.
2 Does Mr S Roberts live here?
3 My dad teaches at the university.
4 I’m going to the cinema with Katie tonight. I’ve bought the tickets.
5 I flew back from New York this morning.
6 He didn’t enjoy the holiday very much.
7 I was having a shower when the water stopped working.
8      A I’m thirsty.
B Shall I get you a drink?
9      A I have a new phone.
B I’m sure you’ll lose it, just like your last one.
10    A Would you like something to eat?
B No, thanks, I’ve already had lunch.
11 Have you ever been to Paris?
12 The traffic is worse than it used to be.
13 Cycling isn’t as dangerous as skiing.
14 What would you do if there was a snake in your room?
15 I’ll come to your party if I finish work early enough.
16 You drive much more slowly than me.
17 If I were you, I’d look for a new job.
        (“If I was you, I’d look for a new job.” is accepted by many people.)
18 My bike was stolen last week.
19 We were too late. When we arrived at the station, the train had already left.

20 He said he loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment