Wednesday 7 October 2015

1A GRAMMAR present simple and continuous, action and non-action verbs

a
Pavel What are you studying?
Elvira Humanities.
Pavel I’m doing Fine Arts. Where do you come from?
Elvira  I’m from Madrid, in Spain.
Pavel  And how many hours of classes do you have a week?
Elvira  It depends on the week, but usually about 20 hours.
Do you know about the party tonight?
Pavel  Do you mean the one for new students? I can’t go, because I’m getting ready to move into my flat tomorrow.
Elvira  Where are you living at the moment?
Pavel  I’m staying in a student hostel.
Elvira  What do you do on Sunday afternoons? If you want, we could meet and look around the city.
Pavel  I’m busy in the afternoon, but what about Sunday morning?
Elvira  Fine. Where shall we meet?
b
Maggie  Hello Jo, what a surprise! What are you doing here?
Jo           The same as you probably! I’m buying a few things for dinner.
Maggie  How are things? Are you still working at the same p[ace?
Jo           Yes, but I don’t like it very much. My boss depends on me for everything. The worst thing is that she always gets the credit and I do all the work!
Maggie  That sounds terrible. Do you have to go back to work this afternoon?
Jo           No, I only work until lunchtime on Fridays because I always have lunch with my friend Paula. She doesn’t work on Fridays, so we usually meet at that nice little Italian restaurant in town. Do you want to come?

Maggie  I’d love to but I need to get home. My sister is staying with us for a few days. Some other time!

Chris Fry, October 2013, 2015       ©OUP English File Intermediate 3rd edition

1 comment: