Sunday 8 November 2015

2A VOCABULARY Money answers


1 We can’t afford to go on holiday this year, so we’re staying at home.
2 That ring can’t be worth €20,000. It looks like plastic!
3 Pete doesn’t have any money and basically he has to live off his parents. They pay for absolutely everything.
4 My brother didn’t pay very much for his car. It was second-hand.
5 How much do you think you’ll earn every month in your new job?
6 Sorry, but I can’t pay back the money I owe you until the end of the month.
7 Do you have any change for the supermarket trolley? I only have a €10 note.
8 Some people think it’s a really bad idea to borrow money from a close friend.
9 I get really angry with myself when I waste my money on things I don’t really need.
10 I used to have a money box when I was young. That’s how I learnt to save money.
11 Is it OK to pay by credit card?
12 Did the bank lend you the money to buy a new car?
13 Diana started spending a lot more money than she had in the bank. She got into debt after six months.
14 Our gas bill was really high this month because we had the central heating on all the time.
15 Our neighbour inherited a beautiful house in the country when her aunt Jane died.
16 How can the lawyer charge you £200 for ten minutes’ work?
17 My grandmother’s afraid of using cash machines in the street. She prefers to go into the bank to get money.
18 I’ve asked my bank for a mortgage because I want to buy a flat.
19 The government is going to put up tax on cigarettes and alcohol.

20 If you open an account with this bank, you get an interest-free credit card for a year.

English File 3rd edition Teacher’s Book Intermediate Photocopiable © Oxford University Press 2013

2 comments:

  1. If you do get one this is the place to spend to uncover further tiers, also. By comparison, the free Battle Qualify for Time 5 (the modern season) is absolutely 16, and they\\\'ve been spaced off over 62 tiers. salsaroc.com V bucks fortnite pc

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx you helpe me in my test lmao

    ReplyDelete